Labels

Friday, June 5, 2009

Craigslist Mofos

If you're like me, you love craigslist. Ebay is too damn complicated. Sell your stuff locally for free. Since moving out of my studio two years ago I've gotten rid of so many possessions (and gathered a few). Seriously! Two cars, a lawnmower, bookcases, 3 TVs, a stereo, dvds, cds. All thanks to c'slist...

With free service, spammer are to be expected. But they've reached a new cleverness so be warned:

Advertising my yard sale a few weeks ago, I got a reply from a legit reading email asking "did you just lose your job?" or some innocuous variation.

I thought this was weird, so I didn't reply anyway. Then Rach got the identical question when she reposted (bad, I know) for the yard sale.

Being dense, I thought it was the same goofball prying into CL posters.

Until today, when I got an email regarding the $5 CD player I posted earlier.

"Having troubles with money? My friends found an awesome way to make some extra cash."

And then it all hit me. These spamsters reply to craigslist ads, posing as very real emailers, and when you reply: BAM! You're on a list for fuckin' ever. So beware folks. They have real sounding emails now that list full names... the whole gamut.

No comments: