Labels

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

ABC Song List!

I finally finished my Alphabet challenge... It was tough. Frustrating at times when you have to bump stuff you want to fit some that actually works, and towards the end I was really sweatin' it to find songs that were actually good. It's kind of cool to be forced to use the B-side songs of bands you like. It forces you to listen to songs I haven't put on everyone's mix tapes 7 times before.

It's kind of a shame to print it without the actual songs accompanying because I'm sure there are songs you guys don't know of yet, and it won't flow, but I figure I'll make a few CD's of it and pass them out to interested parties. There's no photobucket for music, I guess because record companies are all in a tizzy. Even a youtube style site would be really cool but that would be very difficult to legally maintain. So in the meantime you'll have read it and email me if you want a copy.

Here it is folks...

Atmosphere -- One of a Kind
Jorge Ben -- Xica de Silva
Coolio -- Fantasic Voyage
Decemberists -- Eli the Barrow Boy
Eagles of Death Metal -- Kiss the Devil
Fatlip -- What's Up Fatlip?
Gogol Bordello -- Harem in Tuscany
the Husbands -- I'm Doing Fine
Iggy Pop -- Sixteen
the Jam -- Down in the Tube Station at Midnight
the Kinks -- Lola
Loretta Lynn -- Mrs. Leroy Brown (double points....)
Murs -- You and I
New Order -- Temptation
the Old Prunes -- Bully in the Alley
John Prine -- Quiet Man
Q Lazarus -- Goodbye Horses
Rodrigo y Gabriela -- Vikingman
Stellastarr* -- Jenny
TV on the Radio -- Playhouses
Unkle -- Rabbit in Your Headlights
Velvet Underground -- After Hours
Weezer -- Undone: the Sweater Song
X -- Nausea
Yeah Yeah Yeahs -- Cheated Hearts
Z-Man -- Z-Mutiny

---and in song title order---

After Hours -- Velvet Underground
Bully in the Alley -- Old Prunes
Cheated Hearts -- Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Down in the Tube Station at Midnight -- the Jam
Eli the Barrow Boy -- Decemberists
Fantastic Voyage -- Coolio
Goodbye Horses -- Q Lazarus
Harem in Tuscany -- Gogol Bordello
I'm Doing Fine -- the Husbands
Jenny -- Stellastarr*
Kiss the Devil -- Eagles of Death Metal
Lola -- the Kinks
Mrs. Leroy Brown -- Loretta Lynn
Nausea -- X
One of a Kind -- Atmosphere
Playhouses -- TV on the Radio
Quiet Man -- John Prine
Rabbit in Your Headlights -- Unkle
Sixteen -- Iggy Pop
Temptation -- New Order
Undone: The Sweater Song -- Weezer
Vikingman -- Rodrigo y Gabriela
What's Up Fatlip? -- Fatlip
Xica de Silva -- Jorge Ben
You and I -- Murs
Z-Mutiny -- Z-Man


Phew! As I was typing this up I realized I had fucked up... but it's all fixed so enjoy... look forward to seeing your lists.

1 comment:

Count Casimir Danger Alcatraz said...

Can't find any songs that start with X...