Labels

Friday, December 19, 2008

Beyonce

Say what you will, she's got pipes (and curves). But shit, I'm on Rachael's Itunes listening to the new Beyonce album and it is so fucking watered down. Boring Faith Hill meets Tori Amos wannabe BS. Seriously, listen to it yourself. It sounds like top 40 country. Even her voice is so filtered down by echo that it has no power. The only upbeat tempo songs are completely devoid of that soul that was so indicative of B. The only songs worth listening to here are complete ripoffs of flash in the pan songs of the last 2 years.

You'd be better off listening to this track and pretend she hasn't released any since.

As much as I love lists, I'm not so into the year-end types, strictly because it's really difficult for me to stay up to date. I'm always a few years behind the curve.

Off the top of my head, you should check this shit out.

Kings of Leon

Hank Williams III- Damn Right Rebel Proud... See what BushAmeriCo has wrought... This is real country

A New Trend


and more to come...

No comments: