Labels

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Art

Of course a country so rightly possessed with food and cinema would be the home of terrific art. I didn't spend a lot of time in museums but I visited the Museo del Prado, home of mucho Velasquez, El Greco Goya including the Black Paintings, and one of my all time faves El Bosco's (Hieronymus Bosch) Garden of Earthly Delights

Saw modern art in Alicante and the Bilbao Guggenheim (pics below). Bilbao is home to a very cool Basque museum. 

There's also a surfeit of terrible graffiti. In fact I've never seen a land so covered in graffiti, from remote country shacks to ancient fortresses, every wall is seemingly touched by street art. most of it is inane scrawlings but some of it is inspired. Here's the good stuff.

Reminiscent of shit I drew all the time back in college. My memories met me in Barcelona.

Valencia.


The Guggenheim in Bilbao.

Telephoto of the sculpture. If you look closely it's a self-portrait.

Madrid metro coming out of Retiro Park.

Granada.

Valencia in B&W.

Paella de Valencia, en Valencia.

Yep, Valencia.

1 comment:

DLG said...

EARTHLY DELIGHTS!