Labels

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Perchance



I was never a fan of dreaming. I don't like sleeping.

It feels good - I've never been able to discard this charging period like the Spaniards or my East Coast friends who are drowning in wine and jitterbugging all over Facebook well past my daily longevity - but it feels like a waste of time.

Before I sleep I wax about the things I should've done that day, the things I could accomplish with just another hour of wakefulness.

I always wanted sleep to end as soon as I drifted off. I wanted to close my eyes and in a moment it be morning.

But I had an epiphany today, pondering dreams. It's the only constructive thing I can conceivably do (oh, to somnambulate) during those hours of insensate slumber.

I'm taking back my sleep - tomorrow night, when I'm out of brandy.


No comments: